Sunday 27 April 2014

Quick and simple make...

Final time for tonight and as I'm back to work tomorrow I will not post again until mid-week (or the weekend if I am over estimating my juggling abilities).

Sometimes we just need a quick and simple card and this is one I came up with...

I cut a piece of stamping card to A6 and used it landscape.

I stamped the image from Inkylicious Dance in the rain in black momento ink (I used momento as I wasn't sure if I was going to add colour highlights when I stamped it and didn't want to risk my versafine running!), and then stamped the verse (the stamp comes with 3 different verses, great value as always from the Inkylicious team).

I then took my 0.1 micro pen in black and drew by hand some rain drops adding an little shadow in the black - I then added a touch of colour with my Graph'it Marker pens.

Added shadow at the bottom to show a hint of the ground..

Graph'it Marker pen colours - 9100, 9102 and 9105
Yes I know, I used my favourite grey colours again but when I was completing the Spring card and colouring in Tatty (see previous post) the colours were screaming raindrops to me!

As I mentioned I didn't have a rain drop stamp so I just doodled the rain drops on myself and I think they came out pretty well (even if I do say so myself!).

Final touch was to mat on to white card first to create a shadow layer and then I used another white piece of card but coloured the edge using the chisel end of my 9102 Graph'it Marker Pen so that the colours totally matched.

The final card is 5''x7'' and for a quick make I am quite pleased - let me know what you think too :)

Sandie

3 comments :

  1. I think it's fab! Great for a quick make & the raindrops are great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love it's simplicity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx