Tuesday 22 April 2014

Polka Doodles Number It challenge.....

Another day off from work so putting pen to paper in a crafty way was how I spent a small child free afternoon :)

Polka Doodles challenge on there fabulous blog this week is Number It...a project containing numbers or sets of numbered items in its theme, so as I don't have any Birthdays approaching that I would dare put the number on!  I went with numbered items, and here's what I came up with....

Polka Doodles owl stamp - one of my fav's
The theme is 3's!
3 layers, 3 buttons and 3 butterflies :)

Again, I used my new Graph'it Markers to colour the owl - using my favourite greys in the series for the body of the owl; 9200, 9202 and 9203 - they have a fabulous blue tone to them that adds warmth to the piece...

 
Close up! (arrgg a scary thought when putting my very unproffessional colouring skills on a blog!)
You may notice the lack of black outline!  I decided to test my eyesight...no I meant colouring skills by using my alternate favourite Momento inkpad, Desert Sand, so that the outline blends in with the image instead of standing out...I love the result but it did mean I had to touch up his eyelashed with a black micron pen (0.1) and put his eyeliner back on! 

The very back backing paper was made with a stamp from a couple of issues ago of Craft Stamper (the freebie) and then I added lace to the second layer to add texture (gotta love lace!).

The final set of 3 is the butterflies - a scrap of card left from trimming the owl, roughly stamped direct to paper with the pink versa magic inkpad used on the very back backing paper and then punched out 3 butterflies (with a final touch of 3 dots of perfect pearls on each).

I hope you all like it - and as a bonus it has dimension!"

Challenge...

http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx